The Nextedy MEDIAKIT is standard polarion extension, you need to follow a standard Polarion procedure to install the extensions.
PREREQUISITE. Download the distribution from https://www.nextedy.com/product/nextedy-mediakit/ and unpack it. (You will find the installation instructions there as well).
- Unpack / Unzip the downloaded nextedy-media.zip
- Copy `com.nextedy.polarion.media` folder into `POLARION_INSTALL_LOCATION/polarion/extension` folder.
- If you already have production license, please copy the `mediakit_lic.json` file to `[POLARION_INSTALL]/polarion/license`
- Delete `[POLARION_INSTALL]/data/workspace/.config`
Make sure you perform this step also when updating the Nextedy plugins. .config does not hold any other data that caches about the installed plugins, it does NOT make polarion slower in any way as well. This step is actually recommended by Polarion support.
- Restart Polarion server
Setup MediaKit Panel
The Nextedy MEDIAKIT brings a Work item for extension:
- Open Polarion Administration > Work Items > Form configuration:
- Edit the layout for a selected work item type:
- Add a media kit extension to the configuration
<extension id="MediaFormExtension" label="Media Attachments"/>
- You can also use parameters height (400) and mode (grid|table)
<extension id="MediaFormExtension" label="Media Attachments" mode="table" height="300" />