In this article, we will describe the main Widget parameters that you can setup for Planningboard.
Parameters for Work items:
- Add Planned: enable this option if you'd like to load all planned items in addition to ones, selected in the Type and Query fields.
- Sort by: define the way of sorting the cards;
- Dependency Roles: set dependency roles between cards if needed;
- Sidebar Fields: select what fields will be visible on the sidebar when clicking on the card.
Parameters for Plans (Columns):
- Plans Type: select a plan type that corresponds to your company's needs;
Note: In case you need one of the SAFe types, contact support to help you with the configuration.
- Plans: define what plans will be shown as columns on the Planning Board;
- Normalization: check this article to learn more about Normalization (What is "Normalization")
- Show # of last plans: decide how many last plans to load;
- Show # of next plans: decide how many last plans to load;
- Show Capacity Load: enable this function if you'd like to visualize even better the load for each Iteration;
- Assign to Parent Plan: enable this option if you want to see the Parent Plan on the WI properties.
For example, with this option disabled, we will see in properties that this card/WI is planned for Iteration 4;
But if you enable this option you'll see that it also shows its Parent Plan (Version 1.0 in our case)
- Report Link: decide if you want to open an additional link by clicking on a column label. The link can be parametrised by plan linked to a selected column. See following example of the report link value:
- Queries: you can create some custom queries for easy access to unplanned cards right from the Planning board;
For example, if you create a query for work items with the status 'reviewed', then it will show you all corresponded cards under the Unplanned section;
- Assignment Type: choose one of the available type options according to your project needs. The second line may vary depending on the chosen assignment type.
- Report Link: decide if you want to open an additional link by clicking on a swimlane label. The link can be parametrised by resource linked to a selected swimlane. See following example of the report link value:
- Set the Unplanned Sidebar parameters. It's nice to use the 'Load parents' option, so all unplanned cards would be grouped according to this setting.
- In case, if 'Load parents' is set to 0, all unplanned items will load just one by one.
- Go Back Label: give any name to the Go Back link;
- Go Back Link: add any link here to be able to go to that page right from the Planningboard.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article